Higher Orbits is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with mailing address PO Box 4092, Leesburg, VA 20177.
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions the following as defined as such:
“Contract” – The contract between us and you;
“Fees” – The total amount payable by you for services from us;
“Order” – An order for our services made by you via our website;
“Order Acknowledgement” – Our written acceptance of your Order; sent to you via email;
“we”, “us” and “our” – Higher Orbits
“you” and “your” – The person from whom we receive an Order for services.
We completely understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances occur and you may need to cancel your registration. In the
event of your need to cancel your registration to a Go For Launch! event the following policy is in place:
If Cancellation occurs:
4+ months in advance of event start date – Full refund of amount paid, minus $25 processing fee;
3-4 months in advance of event start date – 75% refund of amount paid;
2-3 months in advance of event start date – 50% refund of amount paid;
1-2 months in advance of event start date – 25% refund of amount paid;
Within 1 month of start date – No refund will be given.
Should you need to cancel you may also opt to credit your ENTIRE amount paid to another Go For Launch! Event.
Photos & Video
Over the course of the event, photographs and/or video of your child’s participation may be taken. This
media may be disseminated via our website, social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and/or other
media to promote the event as it happens and to encourage other young people to participate in future
events. It may also be used in future marketing materials. By registering for this event you are consenting
Fees and Payment
- The fees payable for the supply of services are as set out on our website at the time that you place an Order. The fees are quoted in US Dollars (USD) and payable in USD unless agreed otherwise with you.
- The fees together with any applicable delivery charges will be payable to you within 30 days of the date you place your Order.
- Payment can be made with credit card, electronic check or available account balance via PayPal.
Security and Privacy
We do not retain your credit card details from payment processing for our records. We take the security of the personally identifying
information you do provide us very seriously and at no time will we ever sell or grant access to your information to any third party.
Limitation of Liability
- As far as permitted by law, we do not provide any warranties express or implied with respect to the quality or fitness for purpose of the services.
- We shall not be liable to you for:
- any statement made (unless fraudulent); or
- any indirect, special or consequential loss, costs or expense arising out of or in connection with the supply of services.
- Save in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our entire liability under or in connection with the Contract shall not in any event exceed the Fees.
Events outside our Control
If we are unable to perform any of our obligations under the Contract by reason of any event or circumstances beyond our control
such failure shall not be regarded as a breach of our obligations and/or the Contract until such time (if any) as we are able to perform
Without prejudice to any other rights which may be available to you whether under these conditions or at law, if you:
- breach any of the provisions of the Contract; or
- become insolvent
we shall have the right to terminate the Contract forthwith on giving you written notice.
We and you each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us nor you has relied on any representation, undertaking
or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us and you prior to such Contract
except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
Right to Vary these Terms and Conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions
affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements
and changes in our system’s capabilities.
- You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Images from us, unless any change to these
terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to Orders previously placed
by you), or if we notify you of the change to these terms and conditions before we send you the Order Acknowledgement (in which
case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary
within two (2) Working Days of receipt of the Order Acknowledgement).
Rights of Third Parties
Neither we nor you intend that any of these conditions should be enforceable by any person who is not a party to the Contract.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These conditions and the Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Delaware.
- If any of these conditions (or part thereof) is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, void or unenforceable
it shall be deleted and the remaining conditions shall continue in full force and effect and if necessary be amended so far as may be
required to give effect to these conditions.
Questions, Comments or Complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints please don’t hesitate to contact us at (707) 893-STAR.